MultiBeam, a new high performance SEM and micro milling FIB, combines the most popular LaB6 electron column in the world with real time milling and monitoring capability. The JIB-4500 MultiBeam delivers high throughput and increased productivity with simultaneous viewing, analysis, and micro milling functions for a variety of applications.
- Low vacuum operation for imaging non-conductive specimens without coating or alteration
- A gas injection system for etching and deposition
- A large stage for up to 76mmΦ samples
- A multiple port design for all your analytical needs
- Serial slicing and sampling (S3) for monitoring, slicing, fabrication and reconstructing 3D images
- Maximum milling current for high throughput
- Standard airlock system for fast sample loading
- Provides stable imaging for milling / monitoring over extended periods of time
- High throughput milling of large areas (max milling current 30 nA)
- 5-axis eucentric goniometer stage
Also see Applications of Multibeam SEM/FIB Instrumentation in the Integrated Sciences, as seen in Microscopy Today, July, 2009.