Since 1949, the JEOL legacy has been one of outstanding innovation in developing instruments used to advance scientific research and technology. JEOL has 60 years of expertise in the field of electron microscopy, more than 50 years in mass spectrometry and NMR spectrometry, and more than 40 years of e-beam lithography leadership.
JEOL USA, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of JEOL Ltd. Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The primary business of JEOL USA is sales of new instruments and peripherals and support of a vast installed base of instruments throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
Field Service Engineers
Pleasanton, California & Delaware
Use your expertise in electronics to service and support customers by servicing JEOL products including Scanning Electron Microscopes, Transmission Electron Microscopes, Scanning Probe Microscopes, Ion Beam Microscopes, and Electron Beam lithography instrumentation. The primary responsibilities will include preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of instruments. The position involves daily travel to customer sites to resolve issues and and ensure customer satisfaction. You will work primarily with scientists and related personnel to diagnose and repair products within the assigned service territory. It is anticipated that the position will involve up to 30% overnight travel.
The position requires an Associate's degree in an appropriate area of electronics, engineering or science from an accredited university; two or more years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Considerable knowledge of and ability to apply analog, digital, and RF electronics and prior field service experience is desired. The successful candidate will have a basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques as well as the ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex mechanical components. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literacy is necessary to prepare reports and other appropriate documentation.
The successful candidate must have a valid driver's license, safe driving record, and be willing to travel to customer sites and corporate headquarters for training.
As a key member of the management team you will use your knowledge of Accounting and experience supervising an accounting team to ensure a timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial close. This involves overseeing two departments and consulting with management to analyze computer system needs for management information systems.
What you will do:
• Manage the day to day operations of both the Accounting and IT Departments
• Oversee general accounting activities including the preparation of profit and loss statements, balance sheets, general accounting activities of assets, liabilities, income, expense and capital accounts
• Manage performance of annual audit including timely and accurate preparation of audit schedules.
• Coordinates annual tax filings and be the primary liaison with CPA firm.
• Investigate, select, recommend, and implement an enterprise wide solution and/or IT systems and budget planning tool to meet the needs of the business.
• Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
• Direct preparation of budgets, review budget proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation and justification.
• Provide management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
• Consult with management to analyze computer system needs for management information and functional operations, to determine scope and priorities of projects, and to discuss system capacity and equipment acquisitions.
• Recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing.
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent, plus 8-10 or more years of financial accounting and operational management with increasing levels of responsibility
• Strong management, interpersonal, and analytical skills are essential with the ability to be hands on yet think long term and strategically
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise resource planning and systems implementation is required. Hands-on experience updating and transitioning systems is desired
• Knowledge of Accounting software, database software, spreadsheet software, Human Resource systems, CRM and report writing preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Electronics Engineering Technology Coop
June - December 2020
You will apply the knowledge learned in your electrical engineering program to a real-world experience. As a Coop student you will participate in a two-week field service training program to learn about the inner workings of electron microscopes. You will collaborate with experienced engineers to provide technical support to customers primarily located at educational institutions and in hospital laboratories.
Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electron microscopes by working alongside an experienced engineer to plan and complete assignments in a timely manner
Communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous and professional manner
Read schematics, diagnose, and repair electron microscopes at client sites in the Boston area
Systematically analyze the source of problems affecting customer’s instrumentation to resolve problems with affected instrument
Perform preventative maintenance
Provide recommendations to the District Manager
Consistently exercise discretion and collaborate with experienced engineers to resolve issues
Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients and representatives of external organizations
Enthusiasm, a solid work ethic, and excellent communication skills
A basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques and approaches gained in an engineering program
Knowledge of and ability to apply analog, digital, and RF electronics
Hands-on technical experience with troubleshooting or repair of equipment is preferred
2 Field Service Engineers - Analytical Instruments
Field Service NMR Engineers plan and coordinate activities concerned with installing and maintaining NMR instrumentation, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties. This work requires frequent interpretation of data and discussions with clients to resolve problem situations. In resolving work problems, discretion and independent judgment is required. Contacts are primarily with scientists and related personnel to exchange information, resolve problems and provide advice and guidance.
The position requires an Associate’s degree in an appropriate area of engineering and/or science from an accredited college or university; two years experience with NMR or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other qualifications include considerable knowledge of and ability to apply, analog and digital electronics; solid mechanical understanding; ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex and interactive mechanical components. Field Service positions require a valid driver's license and safe driving record. Up to 50% overnight travel is anticipated.