- Applies a thin film conductive coating to the sample that is effective in eliminating charging of non-conductive materials or enhancing secondary electron emission.
- Uses a low voltage discharge technique with a magnetron electrode for high efficiency, cold sputtering.
- Low voltage sputtering, as well as having the sample isolated from the electrode, minimizes sample damage.
- Thickness of the coating is influenced by distance from target, distance from center of the stage as well as sputtering time.
Basic coating conditions and resulting film thicknesses
- Gold (Au) Target: Sample at 20mm (WD)
5nm at 1min, 10nm at 2min
- Platinum (Pt) Target: Sample at 20mm (WD)
4nm at 1min, 8nm at 2min