Electron Flight Simulator (EFS)
Utilizing Monte Carlo Modeling of electron trajectories Electron Flight Simulator is a software tool designed to make your job easier. It can help you understand difficult samples, show the best way to run an analysis, and help explain results to others.
With it you can see how the electron beam penetrates your sample, and where the X-ray signal comes from, for a wide variety of microscope conditions. You can model multiple layers, particles, defects, inclusions, and cross-sections. Any sample chemistry can be modeled.
Bulk samples to particles on multi-layer samples or inclusions in bulk samples.
Multi-layer samples normal to the beam or perpendicular in cross-section (or any angle in between).
Electron beam scatter in low-vacuum.
The histogram shows beam intensity vs. lateral position. The green center indicates the radius of 80% of the beam.
- Electron trajectory in bulk or multi-layer sample
- Electron trajectory of particle or inclusion
- X-ray generation point indication
- PhiRhoZ curve
- EDS simulated spectrum
- Electron trajectory under low vacuum
- Computer: MS Windows 7 Based Computer
- MS Visual Basic 6 run time package
EFS part number: 803091761